Saturday, April 12, 2008

Lifeline Intervention

Lifeline Intervention

Testimonials


To Whom It May Concern:
My son Justin had developed a dependence on Meth over a course of 9 months. We took him to see a psychologist and they said he was depressed and needed a psychiatrist. We made two appointments but he wouldn't go. We couldn't get the appointments for 6 weeks. By that time Justin didn't want to go. We took him to a drug treatment facility in Las Vegas. They said he could go to outpatient therapy. That was a joke. All that was happening was Justin's drug habit was getting worse.
Finally my wife and I had Justin arrested for domestic violence. He was in jail for almost three days. What were we going to do when he got out? I had a card for Willow Creek with Kevin Dixon's name on it. It was 5 P.M. I believe when I called and talked to Kevin about our son Justin. We told him how desperate we were and didn't know what to do. Kevin said he would be on an airplane to Las Vegas in a couple of hours. We couldn't believe it. A couple of hours, it takes 6 weeks to get it to see a psych. I met Kevin at the airport and we talked about Justin's drug problem. He knew exactly what was going on because he is a former addict. We went to our house and talked some more and he said he could help Justin. I went to pick Justin up from jail and when we got home, Kevin was waiting for him. This was a total surprise for Justin. Over the course of the next couple of hours Kevin talked to Justin to develop a relationship. I also talked to Josh Lannon who runs the center. They both assured me that they would do whatever it takes to help our son.
Justin has just started treatment, but I feel very confident it will succeed because of Kevin's dedication to his job. Having someone fly to your city on a moments notice because a family member is in trouble is commendable. I have been trying for months to get any help, but all I got was lip service. Kevin intervened in our life when my son's life was at stake and we were at our wits end. My wife and I have but our trust into Kevin Dixon's hands to put my son's life back together.
Sincerely, Eric T. Johnson

1 comment:

ccrider said...

Jenny, Thank you for being there when you were, the words and your leadership, ethics, professtional attitude, reaction, and all the tools you have is truely amazing. Again family's are saved do to intervention, and consulting. Thank you.

Arizona